R-E-S-P-O-N-S-E! Child Marriage Law. "Not For My Daughters Or Children" - Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.


The former vice president of Nigeria, Nigeria, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has disassociated himself from the actions of the Senate in passing the law making it legal for people to marry kids in Nigeria, irrespective of their age.


We learnt about Alhaji's via through his online post this morning.
Atiku said that "As a father, I've never given out my daughters in marriage before university graduation. It's a personal decision.
I had earlier stated my personal choices on the child marriage issue.
"I have always supported our women and children. For the avoidance of doubt, I do not support any constitutional provision which creates ambiguities about the age of consent for marriage. It's therefore very inspiring to see young Nigerians active and organized against this law. I'm proud to see an engaged generation at work".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment