Ozil: I can handle Arsenal pressure thanks to Real Madrid spell

Ozil: I can handle Arsenal pressure thanks to Real Madrid spell

Mesut Ozil is confident he can live up to his price tag and guide Arsenal towards the Premier League title.

The German moved from Real Madrid for a club-record €50 million fee on transfer deadline day to much fanfare, and has since notched three goals and six assists as the Gunners moved four points clear at the top of the table.

And Ozil insists he is unfazed by any pressure to perform after spending three seasons at

Liga giants Real Madrid, where a similar must-win attitude was prevalent.

"I've played for Real Madrid, where the pressure is so huge because you have to go and really win absolutely every game," he told the Daily Mirror.

"So after having played there for three years, pressure doesn’t scare me. That’s why I don’t really feel the pressure. The second thing is that what I do on a daily basis is what I love.

"I love playing football so I go out to play football and I don’t really feel ­pressure. Of course, there are some days when things don’t work out as well as on other days but that doesn’t have anything to do with pressure."

Ozil also hailed Arsene Wenger, adding that he hopes the Arsenal manager extends his stay at the Emirates Stadium.

"He was the one who convinced me to come here and now I can say that I couldn’t be any happier than to be here," added Ozil. "He really loves ­football. I hope he will stay here for many more years and be successful.

"I think this really has been the perfect step for me to come and join this club. We have some very talented players here and this is why I think we can achieve something great. We have to develop further to achieve this, but we can do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment