Chiriches arrives in London to complete Tottenham move


Chiriches arrives in London to complete Tottenham move


Steaua Bucharest defender Vlad Chiriches has arrived in London to complete his move to Tottenham.

Spurs had been on the verge of sealing the 23-year-old's capture in late July, only for the transfer to be called off by incarcerated Steaua owner Gigi Becali from his prison cell.

However the Romanian giants' general manager, Mihai Stoica, announced late on Saturday that the switch would indeed happen at the behest of the club's controversial patron, one month on from the original move's cancellation.

"It was Becali's wish to let the media know about the transfer, he told us to announce it to everybody,"

Stoica informed reporters at the weekend.

"We had to tell Vlad the deal was done. He was with us all day, it was correct to announce it to him."

Andre Villas-Boas later confirmed the player's imminent arrival. "Vlad Chiriches - there is an interest in the player," said the Portuguese, later joking, "Maybe somebody steals him as well!" in reference to his club's highjacked move for now-Chelsea playmaker Willian.


Chiriches has now touched down in the English capital to finalise his move to White Hart Lane, stating that he hopes to succeed in the Premier League and sharing his emotional reaction after earlier negotiations had broken down in July.

"I hope there is not very big difference between the Premier League and the one I played in," he was quoted as saying by Prosport.

"The most beautiful memory of my time with Steaua is winning the championship, [but] I find it hard to choose the best time. 

"I need to see what will happen in England and if I can play like what made me noticed at Steaua. It was very hard after the first round of negotiations failed, I even cried when I found out. It was very hard for two days.

"I will miss my colleague and friend, Mihai Pintilii, the most, and I thank [Steaua manager] Laurentiu Reghecampf for everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment