Wedding Bells Ain't Ringing Anytime Soon For Me - Ruggedman

Here's what Ruggedman told Vanguard about his love life. 
  • You seem not to be the romantic type?
Says who? I am very romantic when I’m with the right woman. Just like love and marriage, romance isn’t something I throw around.
I remember one St. Valentine’s day. I went to see my Val but I didn’t meet her at home. I tied a rose (a real one not plastic) to her door and wrote my initials on a paper.  When she returned and saw it, she knew I was the one who put it there.
The incident that made me put my romance in check happened years ago too on another St. Valentine’s  day.
I bought loads of gifts and  fifteen cards because I don’t like getting just one. I even booked an hotel room for dinner and all. All she did was say “you shouldn’t have done all these!” She didn’t even bring me a card.
After that, I put a leash on my romance. She has to be worth it before I show her that side of me.
  • Can’t imagine a girl doing that to almighty Ruggedman.
No. At that time, it was just the start of my career. I hadn’t even recorded Baraje.
  • So how do you feel having experienced the other side of love?
I learnt that life goes on no matter what, and you need to know who you do things for.
  • Does that mean you don’t have anyone in your life?
Right now I don’t have anybody in my life. It’s been my work and me for a while now. Although it feels somehow sometimes, especially when I see couples out and about .
But I find solace with the thought that the right person is out there for me.
  • So it means wedding bells isn’t ringing any time soon?
I guess so but I’m very happy it’s ringing for others and I pray their union stands the test of time.
  • But is it so hard to find the right woman?
I guess it is sometimes especially now that vanity rules. You find it hard knowing she is with you for you or your status.I
  • It’s like you’ve really had hard times with ladies.
Not at all, the ladies love me and I love them right back. It’s getting the right one for me that’s the issue. 
A while ago, Bisi Ibidapo-Obe looked at me and said “Rugged, it’s not a curse but before you find a babe for you, it will be difficult.” She said I’m a fine man, successful artiste and so, women will come and it will be hard to know who is who. Now I understand what she meant but God is in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment